Quantcast

Convert PDF to Word or RTF

aforum65
Hi, I am have a requirement wherein I have to convert a PDF document into a RTF document. 1) Is this possible using iText? 2) Can iText read a pdf file? 3) Can iText read a pdf file and use iText RTF API to write to rtf document. Is such conversion possible or easy to write. Is is possible to handle all conversion from pdf to equivalent RTF's. Please let me know. Thanks,

Re: Convert PDF to Word or RTF

info-2
On 12/10/2010 1:29, aforum65 wrote:
> Hi, I am have a requirement wherein I have to convert a PDF document
> into a RTF document. 1) Is this possible using iText?

No.

> 2) Can iText read
> a pdf file? 3) Can iText read a pdf file

Yes, iText 5.0.4 can convert PDF to text.

> and use iText RTF API to write
> to rtf document.

RtfWriter2 is no longer supported.

> Is such conversion possible or easy to write.

You should see PDF as the "end result".
Don't go back to other formats once you have a PDF.
--
This answer is provided by 1T3XT BVBA
http://www.1t3xt.com/ - http://www.1t3xt.info