Quantcast

HTML to RTF

Oliver Hernàndez Valls-2
Hi all,
I'm new with iText.
Last week I send a question about the capabilities of iText to generate rtf from an html page:
"I know that iText has rtf generation capabilities but can't find no example about how to generate a rtf document from an html file. Something like org.xhtmlrenderer.pdf.ITextRenderer.
Can you please hint me where should I refer to? Or if it is even possible?"

But I had no answer, do you think this is not the place to ask this ?? where should I ask?

Oliver Hernàndez Valls - [hidden email]
Software Engineer

Check the site with examples before you ask questions: http://www.1t3xt.info/examples/

Re: HTML to RTF

Alexis Pigeon
Hi Oliver,

2009/11/10 Oliver Hernàndez Valls <[hidden email]>
Hi all,
I'm new with iText.
Last week I send a question about the capabilities of iText to generate rtf from an html page:
"I know that iText has rtf generation capabilities but can't find no example about how to generate a rtf document from an html file. Something like org.xhtmlrenderer.pdf.ITextRenderer.
Can you please hint me where should I refer to? Or if it is even possible?"

But I had no answer, do you think this is not the place to ask this ?? where should I ask?

I'm not very familiar with the RTF component of iText, but since you got no answer, I would guess that means what you want to achieve can't be done with iText.
The primary purpose of iText is creation and manipulation of RTF and PDF files. The capability of basic file conversion is there too, but it's not the core business of the library.

Cheers,
alexis

Check the site with examples before you ask questions: http://www.1t3xt.info/examples/

Re: HTML to RTF

bubenik

to my knowledge this issue is not directly adddressed by iText. But there is at least one tool build upon iText that can do this:

It's pretty good.

Good luck
Wolf

Check the site with examples before you ask questions: http://www.1t3xt.info/examples/

Re: HTML to RTF

Oliver Hernàndez Valls-2
I knew xhtmlrenderer but can't find something analogous to org.xhtmlrenderer.pdf.ITextRenderer but for rtf.
I'll post my question there.

Anyway, thank you all for the feed back

El dt 10 de 11 de 2009 a les 12:55 +0100, en/na Bubenik, Wolf va escriure:
Hi,

to my knowledge this issue is not directly adddressed by iText. But there is at least one tool build upon iText that can do this:
https://xhtmlrenderer.dev.java.net/

It's pretty good.

Good luck
Wolf

Oliver Hernàndez Valls - [hidden email]
Software Engineer

Check the site with examples before you ask questions: http://www.1t3xt.info/examples/

Re: HTML to RTF

iText Info
Oliver Hernàndez Valls wrote:
> I knew xhtmlrenderer but can't find something analogous to
> org.xhtmlrenderer.pdf.ITextRenderer but for rtf.
> I'll post my question there.
>
> Anyway, thank you all for the feed back

We're abandoning RTF.
It will move to an incubator project soon.
This mailing list is about PDF only.
--
This answer is provided by 1T3XT BVBA
http://www.1t3xt.com/ - http://www.1t3xt.info