Quantcast

How to sign one PDF with two signatures?

How to sign one PDF with two signatures?

Jammy Chen
Hello everyone,

Can I sign one PDF with two signatures? for example: first off you signed this PDF,  later on, I have to sign this same pdf with my signature again so the file will have 2 signatures. Do you know is it possible? I don't think it is possible, how I can this?

Thanks
Jammy.

Re: How to sign one PDF with two signatures?

Leonard Rosenthol-3

Yes, quite possible.  Been part of PDF since signatures were introduced.

Leonard

mkl

Re: How to sign one PDF with two signatures?

mkl
Jammy,
Jammy Chen wrote
Can I sign one PDF with two signatures? for example: first off you signed
this PDF,  later on, I have to sign this same pdf with my signature again so the file will have 2 signatures. Do you know is it possible? I don't think it is possible, how I can this?
It is possible. In contrast to the parallel signatures known in other contexts, though, multiple signatures in the same PDF must be applied sequentially: the first one signs the unsigned original and the second one signs the unsigned original plus the first signatures.

Cf. Bruno's white paper, section 2.5; he today has posted the URL where the current draft can be downloaded: http://itextpdf.com/book/digitalsignatures20120823.pdf

Regards,   Michael