Quantcast

Page Number example!

icaroqr
Hi there! Im new with iText, i bought the book "iText in Action" and im having some problems with chapter 5. On Listing 5.19 Bruno give us a example of using "ColumnText" to print page numbers, but i couldnt understand that very well. So im asking for another example, if someone have it in a easy way.

In my case im reading an external PDF, importing the pages and writing on a new Document, so i put the content inside a Table and after writing all the content in a ByteArray, i use document.add(table_with_content). I just wanna put the page numbers while im importing the external PDF and writing on a new one.
Tanks for Attention,
Icaro Q. R.

Re: Page Number example!

iText mailing list
Op 13/01/2011 22:10, icaro rezende schreef:

> Hi there! Im new with iText, i bought the book "iText in Action" and
> im having some problems with chapter 5. On Listing 5.19 Bruno give us
> a example of using "ColumnText" to print page numbers, but i couldnt
> understand that very well. So im asking for another example, if
> someone have it in a easy way.
>
> In my case im reading an external PDF, importing the pages and writing
> on a new Document, so i put the content inside a Table and after
> writing all the content in a ByteArray, i use
> document.add(table_with_content). I just wanna put the page numbers
> while im importing the external PDF and writing on a new one.
If you want to add page numbers to an existing PDF, you're reading the
wrong chapter.
Please move on to the next chapter: in chapter 6, you'll learn that
creating a new Document to copy a PDF has some major disadvantages. You
should use the example in section 6.3.2.