newbie Web page to call itext Hello.java

newbie Web page to call itext Hello.java

Steve
I got the ITEXT HelloWorld to work.

Now I'm trying to get ITEXT Chapter 9 Part 3
to be called from web page.

There are no errors in Hello.java.
I've installed Apache and
Java SE Runtime Environment.

Not sure how to get the Hello.java to
appear as a web page.

Suggestions?

TIA
Steve

Re: newbie Web page to call itext Hello.java

Steve
Steve <shall <at> uaex.edu> writes:

 I got the ITEXT HelloWorld to work.

 Now I'm trying to get ITEXT Chapter 9 Part 3
 to be called from web page.

 There are no errors in Hello.java.
 I've installed Apache and
 Java SE Runtime Environment.

 Not sure how to get the Hello.java to
 appear as a web page.

 Suggestions?

 TIA
 Steve

Also I'm using ECLIPSE program for editing
the Hello.java .

Re: newbie Web page to call itext Hello.java

Alexis Pigeon
Hi Steve,

On 31 August 2011 20:30, Steve <[hidden email]> wrote:
I got the ITEXT HelloWorld to work.

Good.

Now I'm trying to get ITEXT Chapter 9 Part 3
to be called from web page.

There are no errors in Hello.java.

Good.

I've installed Apache and
Java SE Runtime Environment.

Good start.

Not sure how to get the Hello.java to
appear as a web page.

Suggestions?

Do you know what a servlet is? A web application? Tomcat?
If not, you're building a house starting from the rooftop.
You should look for some tutorials about these topics, start from a very simple HelloWorld servlet, and *then*, when this is working fine, include iText and PDF file generation.

Unfortunately, this is 100% out of topic on this list, and I doubt you'll get any other answer than "Google is your friend".

Cheers,
alexis

TIA
Steve