Quantcast

reading String data from pdf file

kartik trivedi
hello,

i downloaded sample but some how i could not find the way to simple read String data from pdf. if it is possible then can you please give me sample of it ?

--
Kartik Trivedi

(What you expect from other you must provide so be honest if you expect honesty from other)

(Sun Certified Java Developer)
(Forum Nokia Champion)

Re: reading String data from pdf file

iText mailing list
Op 8/12/2010 6:37, kartik trivedi schreef:
> hello,
>
> i downloaded sample
Which sample did you download?
(What you expect form other you must provide: if you only give half a
question, you only get half an answer.)
> but some how i could not find the way to simple read String data from pdf.
What do you mean by this. Which String do you want to read? Please clarify!
> if it is possible then can you please give me sample of it ?
It's possible to extract text from a PDF, but not always.
This is all explained in the documentation: http://itextpdf.com/book/

Re: reading String data from pdf file

kartik trivedi
Hello,

Thanks for your reply.i downloaded sample available in download section. info.java it is displaying only pdf file information. Instead of that i want to read the Text data available in pdf file and if there is image in pdf file then i want to ignore that. i hope to hear soon. so can some one provide link of sample which read text data from pdf file.

Op 8/12/2010 9:03, kartik trivedi schreef:
> Hello,
>
> Thanks for your reply.i downloaded sample available in download section.
Which download section.
> info.java
I don't know any sample named info.java. Please clarify!
> it is displaying only pdf file information.
Did you take a look at the code?
If so, it probably only gets metadata, not the content of the PDF.
> Instead of that i want to read the Text data available in pdf file and
> if there is image in pdf file then i want to ignore that. i hope to
> hear soon. so can some one provide link of sample which read text data
> from pdf file.
Text extraction is discussed in section 15.3 entitled "Parsing PDFs".
15.3.1 Examining the content with PRTokeniser
15.3.2 Processing content streams with PdfContentStreamProcessor
15.3.3 Extracting text with PdfReaderContentParser and PdfTextExtractor
15.3.4 Finding text margins
15.3.5 Extracting images

Please don't use any samples if you're not sure what they are supposed
to do.
You should read the documentation: http://itextpdf.com/book/
If you don't do this, you'll only produce noise on the list.